What’s an elliptical machine?
This is a two pedal platform for foot and moving their connected hands to handle. When moving, the legs move in an elliptical path — what is the name. This simulator provides a uniform load, involves large muscle groups. It is suitable for both beginners and those who need intensive training. This equipment is effectively used to recover from injuries. Of course, you need to consult with your doctor beforehand.
You get a comprehensive full-body workout with minimal risk of injury or stretching. The load on the cardiovascular system is not stressful and is suitable for burning extra calories.back to menu ↑
Elliptical trainer can be of different types:
|Mechanical||compact, low cost, Independent of power supply||Noise, low functionality|
|Magnetic||it is possible to adjust the load, independent of the power supply||noise level, dimensions|
|Electric||functionality, Maximum smoothness, quietness||Requires network connection, is expensive, large size|
How to choose the best model?
Each of the options may be the best for you depending on the main tasks. Consider the main selection criteria:
- Size. Often the free space is not so much, so we always specify the size. It depends on whether it will be possible to place the equipment in your home. It is desirable to see the stock of space to make it convenient to train. In addition, the size and height of the handles, the width of the pedals should be convenient for you.
- Weight Capacity. The maximum possible weight of the user must be at least 10 – 15% greater than yours. Otherwise, it will not be stable enough and will wear out quickly.
- Smooth Running and Noisiness. Using an Elliptical Simulator in the apartment, it is desirable that it works smoothly and silently. This determines the comfort of its use-as you may want to train at different times.
- Display. The presence of a control system and an electronic display increases the convenience and efficiency of training. You will be able to see the results of your training and adjust your actions in the right direction.
- Programs. The presence of pre-installed programs will allow beginners to get results faster. This is a variant of training with a change in the level of resistance.
It is also worth paying attention to which side the drive is placed. It’s mostly in the back. The main advantage of front-wheel drive elliptical simulators is their convenient use by high users. It is optimal to test the models you like when buying. Since some minor details for many may be important to you. So feel free to ask for a test drive. Try and compare. We will prepare our rating of the best models in the near future.