Table of Contents
- Benefits of treadmill training
- Exercises on treadmill to lose weight
- How to start
- Treadmill Workout
- Interval training
- Examples of training programs
- Workout 11. Stand on the treadmill, set the minimum speed and start with a slow walk. Continue for 2-4 minutes2. Increase the speed by 1 unit and change the angle by 0.5 degrees. Continue to walk intensively for 5 minutes without stopping3. Increase the speed to 5-6 and the angle by 1 more degree. Go on a run and do it for 5-7 minutes4. Slow down the pace and angle. Run for 3-4 minutes at a slow pace5. Again, increase the speed to the maximum and raise the angle. Run intensively for 4-6 minutes.6. Lower the pace and switch to light running and then walking 4-6 minutes.Workout 2
- Workout 3
Training on a treadmill seems to be something simple and natural. But after the acquisition of this equipment the majority of beginners have a lot of questions. How to train burning more calories? How to train effectively? And so on. Today we’ll consider one of these questions: 30 minute treadmill workout. In other words – how to get an effective training for 30 minutes on the treadmill.
Few people can boast of having a large amount of free time that has nowhere to go. Therefore, 30-40 minutes which are easy to allocate to training. And that’s enough. It is important to understand that short intensive training allows you to burn more calories than a long workout without much stress. Let’s consider everything in order.
Benefits of treadmill training
The main advantages of training on a treadmill include:
- the ability to train at any time and in any weather
- in comparison with running on the sidewalk, treadmill running less traumatic for the joints
- comfort conditions – you do not need to gather, during the workout you can watch TV or YouTube, chat with anyone
- full capabilities to adjust the load, speed, deck angle
- iFit application features communication with the coach, competitions with other people
- simply record your results in distance traveled, average speed and calorie consumption
To get the result you will need to be able not only to turn on and off the treadmill. You need to understand how it works, the principles of settings, where the difficulty level changes, the angle of the deck. Therefore, we recommend that you read the users guide. And even if you bought the most modern equipment with a lot of automatic programs you have to understand how it works. Including read the security guidelines.
Exercises on treadmill to lose weight
Calorie consumption depends on the speed and intensity of the exercise, the weight of the person, the time of training. On average, a 30-minute treadmill workout burns 120 – 160 calories. Optimal for weight loss will be interval training where walking and running are combined. This allows you to keep the effective pulse zone at which the burning of fat cells is most active.
The pyramid principle can be used for endurance training. It suggests that for half an hour you need to gradually increase the level of complexity, speed and angle of the treadmill. This option is also suitable for weight loss. But to use it, you need to be sure it won’t harm your heart system. It is important to use a variety of programs to the body to experience a variety of loads and you achieve new results.
How to start
After gaining understanding the possibilities of the treadmill is to prepare for training. You should buy running sneakers. If clothing must be simply convenient, then shoes are needed special. In them You should be comfortable to train, the load should be properly distributed on the foot, without causing discomfort. This is only possible with the correct cushioning of the sneaker.
Not to be distracted for a workout, prepare a bottle of water. A special holder is provided for the treadmills. A towel to wipe the sweat off. For a more comfortable workout, you can additionally use the player or include rhythmic music.
Any training should begin with a warm-up. This can be walking on a treadmill, any aerobic exercise or light running.
It is important to use alternation of training types. It can be easy training during recovery periods, complex training with active load. To not feel overtrain toughest workouts should be no more than three a week.
This approach involves alternating walk to warm up for 4-5 minutes. Then easy run for a few minutes and followed him for 2-3 minutes of intense Jogging. After that, we do not stop, and again gradually move to walking. After increases the degree of inclination of the deck again and go to run. Loads are given in intervals and all 30 minutes of training you are on the move.
Such training keeps the desired pulse zone, does not overload the heart and muscles. A sign of the right pace will be a little shortness of breath. But at the same time you should be able to continue the exercise and talk to someone. Working non-stop in this mode, you can burn about 200-230 calories
Examples of training programs
The General rules will be:
- training duration 30 minutes,
- increase speed by 1 – 1.5 units in each interval
- change the angle of inclination by 0.5 – 1 degree in each interval
- control of the pulse area